Table of Contents
Hey it’s Chris. Some of the links on this page may be sponsored - it helps keep the blog going. Cool?
Oh one more thing, if you're a guy looking to get ripped 6-pack abs or a woman looking to get a lean toned stomach, I just put together a killer workout called the "Dirty Dozen" ab workout. Click here to get your free PDF copy..Onto the article...
Frank Sinatra is not Hoboken, New Jersey’s only famous native son after all…
Meet Tom Venuto – personal trainer, nutritional consultant, fitness model, and best selling author (plus a pile of other accomplishments). Easily one of the most successful health and fitness entrepreneurs on the Internet today.
Mr. Venuto is probably best known for “Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle”, Clickbank’s all-time best seller in the fat loss, diet, and nutrition category (almost 200,000 e-books downloaded to date). We are well aware that simultaneous fat loss and muscle gain is a hot topic these days, and Venuto seems to have made a solid contribution to the subject.
The book’s popularity is best evidenced by Tom’s ‘Burn the Fat’ Inner Circle, a 13,000+ private member-supported website devoted to helping individuals from all walks of life achieve their fat loss goals.
Tom Venuto’s “4 Pillars” Approach to Healthier Living
Tom Venuto, dare I say, takes a holistic approach to better living. Unlike some personal trainers and nutritionists, he appears to grasp the roles played by four (4) primary components of wellness:
1. Nutrition: Sifting through the conflicting “expert” advice on appropriate fat, carbohydrate, and protein consumption.
2. Fat loss: Breaking down myths perpetuated by the diet and supplements industry.
3. Natural (i.e. steroid-free) bodybuilding and muscle development: Learn from a multiple state and regional champion (N.B. He did finish second a few times!).
4. Fitness motivation: As a motivational coach, Venuto knows the ins and outs of getting the best out of people working to achieve the seemingly unachievable.
A Muscle-headed Science Geek?
When looking for legitimate information on muscle-building and fat loss on the Internet, it’s often difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff. That being said, Tom Venuto offers a rare combination of academic and professional credentials, including:
- Bachelor of Exercise Science, Bloomsburg University, Pennsylvania.
- Member of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
- Author of over 400 niche articles that appear on websites like The Huffington Post, Bodybuilding.com, Men’s Fitness.com, Lee Labrada’s Lean Body Coaching Club, and Will Brink’s Bodybuilding Revealed.com
- Competed in twenty-eight (28) natural bodybuilding competitions in the past two decades.
Maintaining Cult Status in the Mainstream…
Many fitness experts thrive on maintaining “outsider” or rebel status within the health and fitness industry. Tom certainly has maintained his “street credibility”, forgoing New York City’s bright lights to workout regularly in East Rutherford, New Jersey (“the Mecca of bodybuilding”) and his hometown of Hoboken.
Still, Venuto takes advantage of his proximity to the Big Apple to share his fitness message with the masses. Oprah (“O”) Magazine, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal are notable publications where Tom has been prominently featured.
Taking the Next Step…
Not quite convinced of Tom Venuto’s health and fitness ideas? You’re welcome to try his free e-newsletter. Currently, over 300,000 subscribers enjoy Tom’s advice on numerous issues ranging from weight training, “real” fat burning foods, and overall wellness.
Also, check out my full review of Tom Venuto’s The Holy Grail Body Transformation Program. It should help you decide whether his advice should be taken seriously, or considered as yet another health and fitness letdown.