I get a lot of questions about what workout programs are good and which ones are not worth the money you spend on them. And since there are so many on the market, I write about them a lot.
One of the most common products I get asked about is Turbulence Training by Craig Ballantyne – so I figured it’s time to write up a Turbulence Training review.
Today I’m going to go over Turbulence Training – who the creator is, what’s in it, and who it works well for.
Recommended: Turbulence Training is a good program, but in my opinion, the best muscle-building program for men is Visual Impact Muscle Building by Rusty Moore (you can see my Visual Impact Muscle Building review here). For Women, I highly recommend Rusty’s Visual Impact for Women program (see my Visual Impact for Women review here).
Is Turbulence Training Any Good?
Let’s start with the credentials of the creator of turbulence training – Craig Ballantyne.
Craig Ballantyne, the creator of the Turbulence Training program, is a world-renowned strength and conditioning coach based in Toronto, Canada. A frequent contributor to Men’s Health Magazine (MHM), and Women’s Health. Ballantyne is also an advisory board member for Maximum Fitness and Oxygen magazine, so it’s pretty safe to say he knows his stuff.
Ballantyne is best known in health and fitness circles as the author of “Turbulence Training” (TT), a popular muscle-building and fat loss program that has earned high praise and a massive online following.
What Is Turbulence Training?
You can get a sneak peak of what’s inside Turbulence Training by checking out the Turbulence Training videos that are posted to You Tube.
Here’s one that gives you a good idea of how the workouts are put together and how FAST they are.
This home bodyweight workout clocks in at just 19 minutes!
Quick workouts for busy people are what turbulence training is all about and this is a great example of what to expect in the program.
The program’s exercises take just 90 minutes a week!
The other thing that’s important is what turbulence training is NOT. Turbulence Training is NOT cardio. Instead it focuses on workouts that burn fat fast.
What’s In Turbulence Training?
Craig‘s paid membership site offers his complete Turbulence Training philosophy and workouts, as well as video clips and discussion forums to share testimonials.
When you join his membership area you will get:
- 24 follow-along video workouts
- A 12-week schedule that shows you which workouts to do and when
- The Turbulence Training exercise guide
- Exercise photos and descriptions
- Exactly how to use these workouts with YOUR favorite workout program
- The Turbulence Training nutrition plan to shed fat fast
- The Thermo 30 Workout Plan to turn your fat-storing metabolism into a major fat burner
- Buff Dudes and Hot Progam to get a fitness model body
Unlike many fitness experts, Ballantyne makes an effort to address gender-specific issues (e.g. muscle gain emphasis for men, fat loss emphasis for women). He also offers advice for “mass-builders”, athletes, and those most interested in bodyweight-only workouts.
Craig does not believe in resting on his laurels. He seeks out the latest training, supplementation, and nutrition research that will help improve clients’ health and wellness as well as their physical and mental state. Through his blog and video demonstrations, Ballantyne takes a hands-on approach to fitness advice.
The Turbulence Training Guarantee
Turbulence training comes with an impressive “no questions asked” 90-day guarantee. And because this is a product sold on Clickbank, there is no doubt at all that the guarantee will be honored.
If it’s not, you have 90 days (3 months) to let me know and I’ll send you a FULL refund, no questions asked.Craig Ballyntyne
Turbulence Training Before and After
There are a lot of before and after pictures on the Turbulence Training website and they are impressive!
The before and after shots show some serious transformations. But what I like the most is that these people don’t look like paid models, because they aren’t.
They are real people who’ve gotten real results.
Who Turbulence Training Is Best For
Turbulence training is best for busy people who want fast fat loss and body sculpting results and who prefer to workout at home rather than the gym.
If you like heavy weight lifting or only want to do cardio, this program is not for you.
What The Turbulence Training Home Workout Revolution Is About
Craig Ballantyne’s Turbulence Training program is centered on short, burst training workouts that can be done at home or in the gym. Along the way, Craig wants to eliminate fat loss fallacies that hinder real progress in our lives:
- Regular, early morning steady-state cardiovascular workouts on an Empty Stomach is the way to go.
- The Myth of the “Fat Burning Zone” on your favorite gym workout machine.
- Having to do cardio every day to get real results.
- A mandatory, twenty-minute warm-up before you start losing fat, including belly fat.
- Gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously? No way!
- Low-weight, high repetition resistance training is best for fat loss.
Turbulence Training for Fat Loss
Craig Ballantyne leaves no stone unturned when it comes to better living. He focuses on four primary components for fat loss while sculpting a healthy physique and adding lean muscle:
- Nutritional and Dietary Changes: Getting it right when it comes to proper fat, carbohydrate, and protein consumption.
- Interval Training for Fat Loss: Leaving aside classical aerobics and steady-state cardio for something better.
- Full-body Strength Training, Body Weight Exercises: Short, high-intensity sessions (45 minutes or less) with low reps, heavier weights.
- Fitness Motivation: Knowing the ins and outs of keeping people excited about their imminent transformation.
Overall, Turbulence Training is a solid fat loss and body sculpting program.
About Turbulence Training Founder – Craig Ballantyne
Looking for legitimate fat loss information on the internet is not easy. That being said, Craig Ballantyne offers both academic and professional credentials:
- Master’s of Science Degree in Exercise Physiology from McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS); only strength training and conditioning certification to be nationally accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) since 1993.
- Numerous testimonials from regular folks and fellow certified trainers, including Jillian Michaels from NBC’s “The Biggest Loser”.
- Author of hundreds of health and fitness-related articles that literally appear everywhere…
And he’s confident enough to wear glasses in the exercise room!
Turbulence Training Ratings
- Ease of Use: 5/5 – With the video workouts and the guide that tells you exactly when to use them this program is easy to use – especially at home.
- Features 5/5 – Turbulence training addresses both exercise AND food components of fat loss, giving you the tools you need for success.
- Customer Service 3/5 – This product is sold on Clickbank, which means that it will be delivered as advertised and any refunds asked for will be promptly honored. But there isn’t an easy or obvious way to get a hold of them until after the sale.
- Value for the Money 3/5 – This course is a solid value for the money. Not as spectacular as Rusty Moore’s Visual Impact Fitness, but if you prefer video workouts to a guide with examples it will be a better deal for you.
The Bottom Line on Turbulence Training
Turbulence Training based interval cardio exercises will boost your post-workout metabolism and make you lose more weight and burn more belly fat than with traditional cardio.
Not quite convinced of Craig Ballantyne’s health and fitness ideas? Then, I recommend you check his Turbulence Training website.
It should help you decide whether or not Craig’s training philosophies and programs are right for you.
Other Recommended Fitness Programs
Visual Impact Muscle Building: This program is developed specifically to deliver well-developed muscles and a well-defined body for men. Here’s my complete Visual Impact Review.
Visual Impact for Women: Designed for women to get lean and fit without bulking up. Check out my complete Visual Impact For Women Review here.
Athlean X: For men who want to gain muscle mass fast this program works well. Here is my Ultimate Athlean X review.